Saturday, January 28, 2006

 

I'm going to the Olympics

Just received my tickets!

Igor and John will be coming down from Prague too to watch the Canada vs. Germany hockey game. Tickets weren't available in Canada, but luckily I was able to score some in France.

John and I have been corresponding via e-mail to figure out how to rendez-vous in Turin and make the ticket pass off:

--

Alright Johnny, listen carefully, because I'll only say this once. After reading this message you must immediately eat it, or else it will self-destruct after 92 days.

At exactly 14h00 (that's 2pm), 16/02/2006 my comarade Kenzo and I will be waiting for you at these precise coordinates:

Located in the heart of downtown Turin, within the Piazza Solferino, stands a newly built, high-tech facility called "The Atrium". Atrium Torino consists of two pavillions where the city of Turin communicates its own evolution and the XX Olympic Winter Games of 2006, via high-tech 3D multimedia.

To narrow down our location, I've chosen a landmark found at one of the entrances to The Atrium. It's a fountain that was created in 1928 amidst controversy, due to contentions that it secretly represented the Pillars of Hercules and the Cave of Light, which hold mystical and alchemical meanings among the occult.

This curious fountain is composed of four groups of statues resting on a granite base. The two female groups, Spring and Summer, flank two nude, chisled male figures, Autumn and Winter. The men sit perched separately, each leaning on one arm, looking back at one another from several metres apart.

You will find us directly in front of the fountain, where looking between these two men to the other side of the fountain is possible.

The name of the fountain?

Fontana Angelica

That's all I will say, the rest is up to you...

Till then,
Angelica

--

Tee hee. Fontana Angelica. Better not forget the name of it, guys!

Comments:
about time you updated!
 
Whats the name of the fountain again?

Hunting for train tickets come tomorrow - hopefully we can find some!
 
*fumes at the fact John has hockey tickets*
 
*gasp* That is sooo awesome! Shall we send you one of those giant Canada flags to wave around at the game? (or even a little one?) Go CANADA GO!
 
Oh dude I brought back *4*Canada flags to wave frantically at the games. If I don't spurt two extra limbs before the game, I'll have to find some other Canadians to pawn them off on...

The fun part is that Canada vs. Germany is a no brainer. I've already started dissing my german roommates - "You're goin DOWN Sabs!"
 
So the bus tickets have been bought and John and me can't wait to enjoy our 12 hour bus ride to Torino. All the hostels are booked so it seems we are partying all night =)
 
It must of been an awesome game to be at! I tried to spot you on TV but there are too many flag waving Canadians! Hope you had a blast! Can't to hear back from you!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?