Monday, December 05, 2005

 

French Harold Hophozophen = Toto

Just like Igor said. It's all about the beauty in the everything around us.

It was like a veil over my head was lifted. As I walked to school this morning, I remembered that France wasn't so bad after all.

For the first time, a dogwalker smiled broadly as I walked past. Then I crossed an older, un-creepy man who smiled and nodded instead of looking the other way. It sounds so cliche, but as I walked by an elementary school, I heard the laughter of children; that made me smile too. I went to the cafeteria for the first time with my classmates, and chuckled at the system they used to dispose of our dirty trays. I stared in awe at the roman columns nestled in the trees at the fac. I almost stepped on a tiny dog that belonged to a nice elderly lady at the papeterie; his name was Toto.

My eyes have been reopened to the beauty of life. I'm gonna try and make it stay this way.

(PS sorry about the title, only the people who have taken a course with Bill Havens will have a clue)

Comments:
Umm.. i had Havens and i haven't got a clue ... ???
 
Stepping on tiny dogs opens your eyes to beauty?
 
There's a beautiful sound when those puntdogs go "squish".
 
Not the stepping on dogs so much as his name was Toto. In class the profs use 'Toto' as the random name of choice when doing examples. eg. in this database we have user Toto, employee number 10, etc. Thus, he is the Harold Hophozophen of France. Noah, you must get it... right? somebody?
 
Ahh... that clears things up. I understood the Harold Hophozophen part but couldn't remember any dog named Toto in 101.
 
Oh, and the anonymous commenter is me.
 
I think we all googled the name =)
 
By the way, Happy Birthday Angelica!
<3 ya!
 
You're coming HOME!!! YEEEAAAAYYYYYYYYY! Girls night + trip up to Cypress/Grouse/Seymour is a MUST!
 
All I remember about Harold Hophozophen is that Eugene got the question wrong on the final.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?