Wednesday, November 02, 2005

 

Spinning the bottle

...didn't work. Me being the monster of reason that I am, realized that exploring new, faraway towns on a jour férié (national holiday) wouldn't work. Yeah, let's take a train for 5 hours, arrive in town, and... find that nothing's open...

Good plan. Not!

(In case you're wondering, November 1st is All Saint's Day, observed in most of the surrounding areas.)

I was also reminded that I have almost a month and a half next summer to travel to distant lands. I suppose I'll do it then.

So what DID I do, other than wrestle with my ordinateur?

I decided to take a spontaneous one day trip to St. Tropez. Now, "St. Tropez" to most people conjures up images of glitzy stars tanning on their yachts in azur blue waters, or chic celebrities strolling along palmtree-lined beaches in white sarongs and Gucci sunglasses... oh la la!

But, I'm not rich, and I'm not famous.

A roommate warned me that in that case, "y a pas grands choses à faire!" (there ain't much to do!)

But when I got home that night, before my computer crashed, I couldn't help but start a blog entry:

-----
31/11/2005

Can I gush? Allow me to gush, please.

TODAY WAS SO AWESOME!

-----

I need a moment to compose my thoughts.


Comments:
"31/11/2005"?

You discovered time-travel?

Awesome!
 
Doing nothing can be great fun if you do it in moderation...
 
Angelica - did you start all those riots?
 
Not only did she discover time-travel, but she also went to a parallel universe where November has 31 days--and lived to come back to blog about it!

/me is envious. Parallel universe holidays are teh awesome.
 
Hah! This is what I get for trying to write dates the european way.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?