Monday, November 14, 2005

 

Exasperation

Okay, who the hell is calling in to my university and making bomb threats!? This is the second day in a row that they'd had to evacuate the university. It ain't funny! Can you imagine? All it takes is one 3-second call from a random phonebooth, and the entire community is brought to its knees. We can't go back in, of course, until the police checks every building, just in case. Two days worth of courses will have to be added onto our semester somewhere.

Sure, I should be glad that I get 2 days off, or that there isn't a real bomb (heaven forbid), especially given all the recent atrocities that've been happening. But it really makes me feel weak, paralysed, like a small child again. No control, no way to know if it's just a threat this time, or if it's the real thing.

I just hope the French police won't let it happen a third day in a row...

Comments:
What happened to the nice life?

Howis the weather there by the way : )

If it makes you feel any better, its been disgusting rainy yada yada yada the usual Vancouver fall for the past few weeks.

And what happened to the butcher boy?

Did you pay him back?
 
J bon bon? Hahaha!

Ah, the nice life. This is where the "usually" comes in. It rained the whole weekend, and today was sorta cloudy/sunny. But on the whole, it's still t-shirt weather as long as you bring a jacket for the evenings!

But don't worry, I'm just a little stressed. Midterms coming up and all.

And of course I paid him back ;) I even brought him some toasty, freshly cooked chataignes (aghh what IS the word in english... marrons...chestnuts!) to show my appreciation for his meat... gosh that's terrible.

When are you coming to visit??
 
Ahh Angelica...you do have quite the way of putting things =D
 
You brought nuts in appreciation of his meat. Nuts. For his meat. I'm just gonna leave that joke right there.
 
*applause*: for Eugene and his self restraint or lack there of!

Sorry to hear about the crappy bomb threats... but at least you aren't in my situatuon where im almost tempted to call one in myself :S sooooo many all at once *cry*
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?