Sunday, October 23, 2005

 

My State of Zen

I chose to come to Nice for various reasons, and high on the list was the existence of a beach. Sun, beach, palm trees, oh my! But had I actually taken advantage of the fact that the beach is just a leisurely 20 min walk away? Of course not, that would be the smart thing to do.

Well, luckily I have a friend who *is* smart and urged me to make proper use of my dimanche.

I went alone, armed with a book and coursenotes, but I actually just ended up sprawled out on the blanket taking a nap in the sunshine. The lack of sand and abundance of small stones didn't bother me too much. Just imagine, looking out onto the glimmering ocean, with Café del Mar's ambient spanish strums setting the Ibiza mood, doing nothing, thinking about nothing.

I'd never quite succeeded at clearing my mind like that. Flashback to 6 months ago when I'd wake up at 6:00 in the morning, unable to get back to sleep, because I was worrying about some upcoming CSSS event. Not today, my friend, not today.

Comments:
Clearing the mind...I wish I could do that without worry sometimes. Kudos to you for being able to do it.
 
I envy you.

I did obtain clarity of mind today for a little while, which was a first.

*Checks my pockets, drawers, closet*

Still can't find zen...
 
Oh, oh, oh! I also live in a city with a beach!!!

;)
 
Don't worry. Be happy.

Looking at your pictures of paradise, I don't see how you can have anything to worry about : )
 
That's awesome...you totally deserve all the relaxing time you can get! I vote for visiting you in Nice after graduation for some much needed R&R...Now if only my bank account agreed with me...:D
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?