Tuesday, October 25, 2005

 

Getting a little emotional

You know the saying "out of sight, out of mind"?

Yesterday I was shown this photo of Vancouver.

Sure, it's a little overglorified and idealized in that picture, but Vancouver still remains one of the most beautiful places in the world to live. And when I saw that photo of home-sweet-home...

*wail* I MISS YOU GUYS! *wail*

In that moment, it all rushed back to me. I miss the mountains, I miss Ichibankan $2.75 sushi, I miss not being able to get work done in the ASB, I miss counter-burning Timbo, I miss random Fridays... I miss EVERYTHING.

Of course, I'm enjoying the excitement and change of living in France. It's wonderful, don't get me wrong. I suppose this is just my first bout of homesickness. It took 6 weeks. Is that normal?

On another note, I'm thinking of taking a spontaneous trip out of town this weekend. The question is, where? I've got from Sunday afternoon to Wednesday afternoon. Maybe Biot? Grasse? Or farther inland, perhaps...? Or Italy? Spain? Hmm. I like Andy's idea of spinning a bottle.

Comments:
You being able to counter-burn me is a lie. A dirty, filthy, lie!
 
Oooh did I miss something? I sure hope someone's continuing in the tradition of putting Tim Kim in his place.
 
Yea..there sure is...Travis is putting Timbo through hell by not setting up a special pop column for apple juice and this just in from Timbo "...the Random Fruity column just F*CKS you over..." Mind you, the random column contains CPlus's which Timbo hates...
 
Amsterdam (Should be a few reminders of vancouver there. Breathe deeply ;))
 
Interesting how you get comment spam.

I figure your homesickness hadn't set in before now because there's a heckuva lot of new stuff for you to experience over there. Plus you know, that whole stressful situation about cards and stuff. You've had more things to do than just a vacation, so there are plenty of distractions.

It's not just Travis purposely annoying Timbo. Some of the newer folk and burning Timbo too. Curtis is Timbo's new comic nemesis. :)
 
Hmm did Angelica actually go somewhere or is just slacking off :P I want more posts!!!
 
Hey you lasted 6 weeks! That's pretty good - I'm sure I wouldn't be able to tough it out for so long in a similar situation. But make the best of your time there cuz you'll be back here before you know it. :) Anyways, hope you're having a blast on your spontaenous trip!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?