Wednesday, September 21, 2005

 

My Very First French Flu

Yeah, I'm sick. Caught it from the little girl of the family I'm staying with. Ugh, my orientation at school is tomorrow, et quoi alors?? *sniffle*

On the bright side, yesterday I bought a cellphone. Here, all cell phone numbers start with 06, whereas home numbers start with 04. So my number is 06.xx.xx.xx.xx. Courtesy of the phone company Bouygues Telecom. Try and say that 3 times fast. Or once :P

French people are fanatics when it comes to text messaging. Colourful pulsating TV commercials for horoscopes to be sent to your phone (for a fee, bien sur) and even packages where you get free SMS' if you agree to have advertisements sent to your phone. Terrible.

Also, I think I'm getting hooked to French trash TV. Star Academy, like Big Brother and American Idol rolled into one. I'm rooting for Ely, la francophone canadienne!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?