Friday, September 30, 2005

 

My first week of school

There is no CSSS equivalent at the University of Nice.

Those of you who know me understand that this is like digging a stake in my heart, pulling it out still beating, julienning it, and feeding it to rabid rat-dogs.

On the other hand, I have made some friends here. Today I enjoyed a sunny lunch out on the grass with Kenzo, Denis and Brian. Kenzo is a super easy-going guy from Nice who's bilingual in english, enjoys a good game of volleyball, and reminds me a bit of Morgan. He also indulges me on my adventures (eg. the mystery of the two towers... pics to come).

Denis is a math guy from Toulon coming into informatique (CS), so we help each other out during tutorials. He's really patient with my french, even though sometimes I get frustrated that all my english ideas get bottlenecked as my mouth urgently tries to translate in real-time. Today he taught me what soustraction meant by writing an example on paper. Gosh, did I feel dumb..

Brian is the requisite lovably crazy dude, hailing from Montpellier, transiting from St. Tropez every morning. He bought us lunch today, said he liked my Google shirt. Yeah, it is pretty awesome ;)

So I guess with a common lunch and a cohort class, it ain't too bad having no CSSS. In fact, je m'amuse bien at the university library (bibliotheque universitaire). I've taken to learning french there during breaks. It's quite efficace, actually, and I doubt SFU has anything like the section at UNSA's B.U. I'll let you guess what I spend hours doing at the library...

Comments:
Well we just have to find an Angelica lookalike here at SFU and it's going to be like nothing ever happened :D
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?